Wednesday, April 20, 2011

All packed up and ready to take off to new Adventures

After returning from the US in mid/late March I had a busy busy schedule in Germany. Preparing for my BIG Move I sorted through 30 years of live in Germany.

What's the good German saying

Das Gute ins Töpfchen - das Schlechte ins Kröpfchen
The good ones in the bucket the bad ones will be eaten.

Following this advice half of my belongings were packed up in boxes ready for departure to Australia, the rest received a final glance, may be a picture and than put to good use in the recycling bin.

Some of the highlights were old love letters, pictures from childhood, receipts of purchases, and lots of my travel pictures, which I carefully separated the negatives from the pictures, part of which I am hand carrying and the other part will be shipped.



I will post a couple of highlights on my Ocean Rock Picture Blog.

At the end I reduced my belongings in Germany to about 14 boxes, my apprenticeship master piece - a slide sorter secretary, a few other smaller furniture items from my carpenter years, a couple of picture frames and large photo albums. All of which I hope to ship after I settled down in Tassie. I am also shipping my motorbike, Honda Africa Twin XRV 650, which I hope to ride extensively in my new homeland.

Now off to my latest adventure 4200 km bike ride from Vancouver to the Polar Ocean.
More in my next Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment