Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another Day Testriding The Illinois Mountains

A cloudy, tryst rainy day with a few rays of sunshine.
View from the saddle on yesterdays sunny but windy ride
After working for a few hours in the morning I took another ride into town. It had stopped raining but it was wet and windy when I started. riding the bike is like switching on a furnace, heating up from the inside out, and breaking a sweat in no time. I already see that one big challenge of this ride will be to stay at the right temperature, not too hot and not too cold, just right. Whats seems to be called for is going clothing optional beneath your rain gear and then put on some nice warm and dry cloth, when I do a stop.

While most of my body tends to heat up the one part, which seems not be impressed by the warmth are my feet. Close to the ground and in danger of getting wet, they got a lil bit cold today. enough for me to have the best intention to head back into town later this week to look for one of those awesome GoreTex socks and rain gear for my shoes.
Any suggestions for which socks, shoe raingear may be the best?

1 comment:

  1. Saw your gear (bike that is) before you left. Not worried :)

    ReplyDelete