Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Illinois Mountains

After gearing up and mounting all my new toys and accessories I went straight for the road to test and adjust and fit and make things as comfy as possible.

The ride took me straight west out of DeKalb. Riding the bike in this cool, cloudy, partly rainy weather I did my first stop after about 3 miles to remove most of my cloth. Impressive the heat one outputs when pedaling. Stripping to the underwear beneath my rain pants and a T-shirt beneath my rain jacket I was comfy pedaling onward. The next two stops were both a couple of miles down the road, tightening and adjusting the aero bar to better fit and providing me with a comfy ride.   


The ride overall should be a nice easy ride along these gently rolling unevenness of the Illinois plains as it is viewed from a car. From the saddle of your bike the view changes and these gently rolling unevenness turns very quickly into some Illinois Mountains.


One of the great things of the Illinois plains is that there is nothing which stops air movement, which is great for alternative energy and great exercise riding your bike against the wind. You really love the rolling hills, as the wind is less on the ride up-hill while it blows on the top and down hill. The best of all however is if you do a loop, heading out against the wind on the first leg and cruising fast on the way back in. Yeah rocking fast.
That's all for today.
Have a great night everybody, I will sleep blissfully

No comments:

Post a Comment