Tuesday, June 21, 2011

2011-06-21 First work day



After a good nights rest I headed early in the morning to Hobart. Its about 15 kilometers from Tranmere to Hobart and so I hitched a ride with Theresa my couch surf host.
My first stop in Hobart was my new bank NAB – National Australian Bank located conveniently in the center of town. While waiting for the branch to open I stopped at the Metro office in the downtown post-office and acquired the Greencard – it the electronic ticket for riding the bus around the city. In order to finish the set-up of my bank account I had to provide my immigration documents and passport. Taking the opportunity I also asked my relationship banker Stuart a bunch of questions about mortgages, insurance and what other important things I could think off. After setting up my account I was off to my new workplace at the University of Tasmania.
Walking through the hallway at the ACE-CRC I received a nice welcome – Great seeing, Welcome to Hobart, You made it finally. Checking in with Tony we went through the check-in list and I got the keys to my office, A nice window on the backside of the building with large windows though only a gorgeous view onto another brickwall. Just before Lunch we than headed down to Kingston, to the headquarters of the AAD to fill out some more paperwork and provide all the information needed to set me up in the system and for me to receive my first paycheck in early July.
After this was done Tony and I headed off for lunch with people from the atmospheric group. The rest of the afternoon I started settling into my new office, talking with colleagues and headed out early to catch my ride back home with Theresa.

No comments:

Post a Comment