Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2011-06-22 Second day - slowly settling and catching up with things


Wednesday June 22, 2011 – another busy day passed quickly. In the early morning I settled a bit more into my new office. The ACE CRC is located on the third and forth floor of the Centenary Bldg. a relatively new and modern building. Some of the offices are in the Earth Science building, an older building adjacent to the Centenary Bldg., which can be reached via a small bridge. My office is on the other side of the bridge the second door to the right. The office is part of an office suite with 4 individual offices and a central room from which one accesses my office, in which a number of students have their desks. One advantage of having my office here is that there is a printer right outside of my door, others are that one has company or one can close the door and focus on one’s work.  

Aside from unpacking my things and putting my few things onto the desk and sorting them onto the shelves, settling into my office also included unraveling nice presents from former occupants. These included some field work pictures – or better pictures from some fieldwork parties and a bunch of other useful things. Most useful was to find the key which opens both the front door to the office suite and my office door.

Aside from settling into my office we had a planning meeting in the morning, discussing current and future work, a teatime of the ACE-CRC in which I was called up and welcomed to the department followed by the second half of our meeting and another trip to Kingston to drop off some paperwork and pick up my staff-ID.
With this, a little bit more organizing in my office, some sorting through my travel and moving receipts, figuring out how the phone system works and a few more short discussions with my colleagues the day was already over and it was time to head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment