Friday, June 17, 2011

One small Step after the other gets you there - Step packing Illinois

Good evening

Another busy week has passed. Monday I shipped my belongings from Illinois and today my California shipment was picked up.
What's the magic word in the automotive industry - On Time Delivery. On my end it was an On-Time ready for pick-up. I literally printed the last shipping document out when the door bell rang. All I had to do was switch off the printer - pack it into some plastic, drop it into the space on the pallet tie the knots on the rope I had designated to hold it in place and plastic wrap the entire pallet.
The longest was to find the keys for my rental car so that we could recover the pallet from the driveway. They were hiding dearly. At the end I found them and the pallet got loaded onto the truck. What a good feeling after three days of hard work.




After cleaning up and starting packing my luggage for the plane ride tomorrow I spent the evening with friends having a picnic in the park and some very good chat. Now I am off to bed so that I can fully enjoy my last day in the Bay. We'll see - what ever it bring I have a confirmed upgrade and will sleep soundly on my way Down Under.

Thanks to everybody who helped me on this awesome journey. Special thanks to Karl & Lisa, to Harry, David and Marc.

No comments:

Post a Comment