Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Antarctica 2013 - I am coming

Hello Everybody

Mid of August I got the thumbs up for an amazing trip South.

Since then life turned upside down and I have been pretty busy. Preparing a full field season with a few weeks’ notice is a great and busy undertaking. Planning, ordering of equipment and then packing and sending things off in time for cargo. 6 weeks later I today dropped of my last three cargo items. Two boxes with computer equipment, scientific papers and literature, some office supplies and my laptop. Over the past two weeks I already delivered a number of cargo boxes with scientific gear. Among the gear there are parts and tools for servicing and repairing our  field equipment. 

After weeks of preparation, medical and training and getting my home life organised for the 3 months trip I got the final clearance today.

If any of you are interested in learning more about working and living have a look at the AAD's webpage
Also stay tuned as I will report here on my work and travels here.

This said off to more training - pre-departure training good for the inexperienced to learn about the dangers as well as what to expect as well as the experienced to refresh one's memory and learn from other peoples mistakes 

Talk to you shortly again

Stefan 

No comments:

Post a Comment