Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Course True South.




View from the Bridge
The BIG Swell we all expected failed to show up. After a night of relatively light sleep on a soft mattress I woke up relatively early in the morning. The swell decent I got up, and ventured out to explore the ship. Actually I went looking for the entertainment room down in the Hull of the Ship. Lowest point, a nice carpet, what else could you wish for in a decent Yoga session – Well Yeah a higher ceiling, this said we are on a ship and vertical space is a thought after real estate. 
Yoga on the Heli-Deck

None the less I started the day with half an hour of yoga followed by a game of darts which I gracefully lost, a shower and breakfast. The rest of the day passed by with settling into the ship. Getting started with some work and getting a bit of fresh air shooting pictures of waves and sea-birds.
With my office being moved during my absence I finally compiled a number of back-ups I placed on various onto one BIG Disc and now I am compiling a master file without duplicates. The perfect job for sitting on a ship and slowly settling into a daily routine, with the first few days having to adjust to the motion of the ship and life on board. IT all started with 1.9 TB on the BIG Disc. We will see where I am ending up with.

Spending a few hours on deck in the later afternoon was certainly the highlight of the day. With a nice swell I played around and explored my camera and the new Sigma 50-500 lens. Yoop one can get the birdies in a close up with a 500 lens and I even have a 2x converter (still need to try that one out). They are fast and magnificent and it takes many many shots to get one really outstanding picture. Sorting through the pictures later in the day and zooming into the full 36 MPixels images shows you the real difference between a great picture and an outstanding. I got a few out of a few hundred I shot the past days. The difference things are actually in focus and excellently timed.
With all the adventuring on deck I almost missed dinner. A few more copy paste jobs for file consolidations and downloading of the pictures and it was time to put my head to sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment