Monday, May 16, 2011

2011-05-16 Willow Springs Campground to Lac La Hache


Good Afternoon
It’s a beautiful rainy day on the road. My second this far. After a good night rest and a chat with some tree planters around their campfire I hit the road this morning at Willow Spring Campground just a few kilometers short of Clinton. My goal today will either be Lac La Hache and may be the camp ground at the Cariboo Nature Provincial Park between 122 Mile and 127 Mile House. Riding this last stretch was as fun as it was raining. After the past couple of days of slow riding up the hill averaging about 6 – 8 km per hour on the uphill, I was nearly flying along the undulating up and down, gaining a mere 200 m and making about 40 km in two and a half hours. 

My second stop was at the Red Coach Inn in 100 mile House.

In the entrance of the restaurant was sitting a nice looking lady, asking me with a big smirk on her face as I entered whether I wanted to have more rain. Well there is never enough rain I replied with a bigger smirk. I spent about an hour in the place warming up on soup tea and some burger before hitting the road again and making another 40 km to the Provincial Park campground. Arriving late I chose a spot next to one of the washrooms, which however appeared to be closed. So I cooked in my little front room of my tent, warmed up and fell asleep pretty early.
Interesting is that none of the campgrounds have any concerns about bears in the area. None of them provide any kind of food storage and if asked about bears they say Oh good idea, no idea, they sometimes pass by in Fall.
Well sofar I haven’t seen any bears myself or had troubles with my food except of a mouse eating a hole through one of my panniers steeling some yummy nuts out of my bike shirt. Cross your fingers that I will continue not having bears in my camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment