Sunday, May 22, 2011

2011-05-22 Fort Frazer to Burns Lake

I woke up to some pretty fine rain. A quick breakfast, packing my things and getting on the road again wasn't so appealing like the other days when it was sunny. Though I was happy to be on the road with a very uneventful day ahead of me. Aside from rain and being cold there was not much to report.
 Though I have to say that I am in part pretty happy with the road improvements payed by the Canadian stimulus money and likely also ahead of the Olympic games earlier this year. The roads so far had been nice and pleasant with mostly lots of space for me as a biker on the side of the road.

Arriving in Burns Lake I took a long long break in the restaurant chatted with one of the locals who's wife was just preparing my fried liver with onions which were just to the point and very delicious with a fresh side salad, and two nice fellows who were heading up to Alaska with their small little van. One of them will be guiding fishing trips in Alaska this summer. (check out his blog http://prescriptiontrout.blogspot.com/).
At the end I ended up taking a motel in town. A nice cozy dry place and ready for an early start tomorrow morning

No comments:

Post a Comment