Wednesday, May 18, 2011

2011-05-18 McLeese Lake to Quesnel


Having slept on the bench of the shelter getting started in the morning was easy, all things were dry, the sun was shining and I even had some leisurely time to watch some chipmunks and squirrels hop through the dandelions. 


A quick phone call to my Mum and I was back on the road. Averaging 20 km/h I made it quickly to Quesnel, where I would be staying with Willow, my first couchsurfing host. 


Arriving early I hung out at the Tourist information, capitalizing on the free Wifi to do some e-mailing and organizing of my moving things, as well as uploading a long due blog. Just before Willow picked me up, the Rocky Mountaineer Train arrived and a couple of Quesnel people had formed a welcome committee wearing fancy old clothing from the good old Gold Rush times. (enjoy some more pics on the oceanrock pictures site).



After a tour of the city, looking at the massive flooding of the Frazer and Quesnel River we headed up to Willow little animal sanctuary. A small farm featuring a variety of animals who had been abandoned by their owner and are looking for a new home. The animals range from an exotic cow from Africa over horses, to a handful of friendly dogs. Even the little pincher who permanently barked at you when passing by in the hallway calmed later on down, especially after it got some treats. The evening than passed with great conversations, good yummy homemade Lasagna and a beautiful sun set over the mountains. 


No comments:

Post a Comment