Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Safely Landed in Vancouver

Hallo Everybody
I safely arrived in Vancouver

The adventure has started. Unbelievably but true after postponing the trip day by day or sometimes two days at a time I finally booked my ticket to Vancouver Sunday late night, got to the airport, had no problems with checking in or getting my belongings in Vancouver. In Chicago I could even watch my bags being carefully put onto the plane.


Everything so far has gone very smoothly - Knock on Wood.
After landing in Vancouver it only took me 1 hr 30 minutes to clear custom, gather my belongings (thanks to United 1K membership) and assembly and pack the bike. On top of everything the weather in Vancouver greeted me with sunshine.





4 bags and a bike all safely arrived
All packed up I headed for the Skytrain to bring me to downtown Vancouver and onward to Surry 


Big heavy loaded bike gets your attention, wherever you go people start talking to you, similar to New Years Eve when I headed out the door with an orange wig. Before boarding the train one of the conductors helped me with getting on the train. In the train I chatted with a couple of guys from France (I think) who are heading to Vancouver Island to one of the great tracks. Arriving at the Waterfront Station in Downtown Vancouver a very cute girl offered her help and showed me the way to my next train and helped with carrying the bike's shipping box. Funny how things all work out if one lets it. On top of she was from Switzerland spending some time in Vancouver.
Anyway I made it safe and sound to my friends Vicki's place, where I unloaded and settled for the evening and night.
Hope all of you are doing at least as great as I was doing today

No comments:

Post a Comment